MEANING OF ORGANIC FARMING
Organic farming is one of the most favourable types of farming for the environment since it uses organic fertilisers like bone meal, compost manure, and green manure to increase soil fertility. In order to increase crop yields, it also takes into account practises like crop rotation, companion planting, mixed cropping, and biological pest control. The three main goals of organic farming are food safety, sustainability, and health. Organic farming is also known as ecological farming or biological farming because of all the environmental advantages it offers owing to the way it operates.
ADVANTAGES OF ORGANIC FARMING
Due to the nature of the work Organic farming has demonstrated numerous benefits for the environment, agricultural lands, and humankind. Let’s look at a few advantages that organic farming provides.
- It replaces the use of hazardous chemical fertilisers with natural fertilisers that improve the fertility of agricultural lands, such as compost manure and green manure.
- Scientific research has shown that crops fertilised with chemical fertilisers need more water to thrive since they are water-soluble and may not survive in extreme drought circumstances. On the other hand, natural fertilisers don’t need a lot of water to survive and can still produce even during dry spells.
- Increased consumer knowledge of the advantages of consuming food produced with natural fertilisers rather than synthetic ones always opens up new business opportunities for you.
- Since you don’t need to spend money on chemical fertilisers like nitrates, sulphur, potassium, etc. to develop your crops, it also offers an economic advantage. With a simple investment in farmland, you may continue to reap the benefits.
- Farmers who engage in farming activities have additional advantages because it removes the health risks posed by chemical ingredients.
- Crop rotation and mixed cropping are two organic agricultural practices that help the soil remain healthy.
- The conventional style of farming uses a number of chemical fertilisers, which not only directly damage the fertility of the land but also have an impact on the environment as a whole. As a result, organic farming minimise these risks.
Overall, organic farming protects the environment and human health while addressing global pollution.
CHARACTERISTIC OF ORGANIC FARMING
- Reduction in production costs because organic, naturally occurring components are employed in farming frequently.
- Makes the environment more habitable and sustainable.
- Keeps the soil fertile and makes crops more capable of retaining water.
- Increases the economic worth of plantations since more consumers are aware of the benefits of eating organic produce.
- Conserving the diversity of animal and plant species as a foundation for ecological harmony and financial security.
Mogg’s Estates is a managed farmland company in Bangalore that is aware of your wants and makes an effort to accommodate them. We recognise the value of an ecologically sound system, and all of our efforts are directed toward enhancing the wellbeing of both people and the soil. As a result, we engage in organic farming in order to improve both the environment and economy.
Contact us at +91-9513655556 for more information about how we function, or visit our website at www.moggs.in/